Friday, May 6, 2016

30 Day Blog Challenge. Day 5: Top 10 Favorite Song Lyrics

Finally a blog title that doesn’t require some form of emotional struggle.

So here we go in no particular order.

1 “I’m an axe grinder, pile driver
Mama says that I never, never mind her
Got no brains, I'm insane
The teacher says that I'm one big pain
I'm like a laser, six string razor
I've got a mouth like an alligator
I want it louder, more power
I'm gonna rock it till it strikes the hour”

Well if you don’t know this song then you don’t know 80’s hair bands…



2. “Two eyes from the east
It's the angel or the beast
And the answer lies
Between the good and bad
We search for the truth
We could die upon the tooth
But the thrill of just the chase
Is worth the pain
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line.”

Some Ronnie James for you…



3. “Somewhere we went wrong
Our love was like a song
But you won't sing along
You've forgotten
About us”

Still my favorite Demi song…



4. “She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I'd hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain

Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder and the rain
To quietly pass me by”

First it is just a great song… but it reminds me of someone that was special to me.



5. “I thought it would be so simple
like a thousand times before
I'd take what I wanted, and just walk away
but I never made it to the door
Now babe I'm not beggin' for mercy
go ahead and throw the book at me
If lovin' you's a crime
I know that I'm as guilty as a man can be
Baby you left me defense-less
I've only got one plea
Lock me away, inside of your love
and throw away the key
I'm guilty...of love in the first degree”

Old school country. You just can’t go wrong.



     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-4245265291640787"
     data-ad-slot="9004776353"
     data-ad-format="auto">




6. “It won't be long, yes, till you're alone
When your lover, oh, he hasn't come home
Cause he's lovin', who he's touchin',
He's squeezin' another

He's tearin' you apart
Every, every day
He's tearin' you apart
Oh girl what can you say?
Cause he's lovin', touchin' another
Now it's your turn girl to cry”

Finally a revenge song for the dude who got done wrong. Cry bitch, CRY!! Hahaha



7. “I'll be there, till the stars don't shine
'Til the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme
I know when I die you'll be on my mind
And I'll love you, always”

I am a sucker for songs about failed love… well that is because I have failed at it.



8. “Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of snow white
Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragons fire
And of things that will bite, yeah

Sleep with one eye open
Grippin' your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Off to never, never land”

Mandatory Metallica. Always.



9. “When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are”

Probably the best lyric written when it comes to looking at the girl you truly love.



10. “I was there when they crucified my Lord
I held the scabbard when the soldier drew his sword
I threw the dice when they pierced his side
But I've seen love conquer the great divide
When love comes to town I'm gonna catch that train
When love comes to town I'm gonna catch that flame
Maybe I was wrong to ever let you down
But I did what I did before love came to town”

I was there at the Tarrant County Convention center the first night this was ever performed. Before it went to the studio. U2 with the late BB King. Magical moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment